Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Valentines countdown ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š





E. C. Jackson began her writing career with the full-length play Pajama Party. For three and a half years she published the Confidence in Life newsletter for Alpha Production Ministries, in addition to writing tracts and devotionals. 

Teaching a women’s Bible study at her church for eleven years naturally led to her current endeavor of writing inspirational romance novels and teen and young adult fiction. Her mission: spiritual maturity in the body of Christ through fiction.





Love at first sight. It’s every girl’s dream. 

But Tara Simpkins is finding out it’s not as easy as it seems. Is this truly the man God sent to be her husband, or is she just desperate to escape her loneliness? The recent loss of both parents has left her reeling, and close friends don’t think she’s in any position to make major life decisions. 


She and her new-found love are convinced they can live happily ever after in the home of their dreams. His family thinks he’s moving way too fast and might disappoint the kind-hearted woman he’s fallen head over heels for. And then there’s Leah. Leah is supposed to be part of his past, but what if she decides she’s his future? 


Tara’s match made in Heaven may be over before it truly begins.




Q&A With the Author:

1.     Tell us about things you enjoy — what you do for fun or personal satisfaction besides writing?

a.     I am an avid reader and enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles. Contrary to upcoming answers, I like a lot of alone time.

2.     When did you first realize you were an author?

a.     I’ve enjoyed penning stories since elementary school. The spark to write grew along with me, and unlike other ideas I’ve had, no obstacle I encountered quenched the desire.

3.     Have you done anything writing-related, but besides actually writing your books, that seemed to get a lot of positive response? Something that encouraged you?

a.     Years ago, I wrote and produced the play Pajama Party, which was adapted into the young adult book Pajama Party: The Story, a companion book to A Living Hope. Knowing that people enjoyed what I wrote kept hope alive. There is something heartening in other people appreciating what you do.

Also, The Certain Hope audiobook and hardcover version are due in March. Audiobooks on my other books will come in spring. It seems that each item I added to my repertoire encouraged me to branch out further. When I added hardcover versions to my book format is a prime example. 

4.     What is the thing you struggle with the most while writing? And how do you defeat it?

a.     I read a lot of regency romances and have to resist the urge to have my contemporary characters speak with formal dialogue. Each character draws me into their story and stymies writer’s block. I haven’t ever experienced it. May it never come.

5.     What is the “message” of your writing? (For example, is your purpose to encourage old-fashioned values, encourage romance, or do you have different purposes in different books?)

a.     “The Write Way: A Real Slice of Life” is the slogan on my website and Facebook author page. If every person reading my book feels connected to the characters, my job is done.
Spiritual maturity is the message. In my opinion, spiritual maturity teaches us how to weather life’s storms and thrive with the victory. Realistic characters with everyday problems is the goal with each book.
6.     Are your characters/stories/scenes, etc. based on anything in real life?

a.     For me, observing human nature is a part of true living. So, fully developed characters have found a place inside each story. I love to write about everyday life. Those little decisions we overlook can have long-reaching consequences.

7.     What are your future projects?


a.     Finishing books four and five of the standalone hope-themed series is my top priority. Next is writing companion books for Pajama Party: The Story. And then, when one of my editors is ready, we will team up to write my first women’s fiction book. As always, I look forward to the process.




To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page Part 1 
and Official Event page Part 2 




2 comments:

A STRAND OF DOUBT

J ana Clawson has a propensity for Chinese food, M & M’s,  chocolate chip cookies, and she deals with adversity with a wry sense of ...